How to become a business analyst if you don't have an IT education? Is it possible to start a BA career if you work in IT, but in another direction? What are the resources to learn to get basic knowledge? Read our article and study the materials to find answers to these questions:
About the job of Business Analyst in general
- Business Analysis for Beginners: Jump-Start Your BA Career in Four Weeks – M. Elgendy.
- The Software Requirements Memory Jogger: A Pocket Guide to Help Software And Business Teams Develop And Manage Requirements – E. Gottesdiener
- BAtimes is a resource that has lots of useful articles, webinars, blogs, and business analysis news
- Business Analysis Community & Resources | Modern Analyst
- Business Analyst Training for Beginners/YouTube
- How to become a Business Analyst – a podcast with valuable advice for beginners in BA
- 10 Skills Every Business Analyst Needs To Succeed
- With Business Analysis, Soft Skills are the New Hard Skills
- Business Analysis Excellence Pty Ltd/YouTube
- Business analyst: a profession and a mindset – Y. Kosarenko
Software development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, and Agile)
- SDLC - Agile Model – describes an Agile methodology and iterative approach in software development
- From Waterfall to Agile Tutorial for Beginners/YouTube
- What is RUP Methodology
Software requirements. Kinds of requirements and their hierarchy
- Quality Attributes – non-functional requirements, quality attributes.
- 15 Tips For Writing Better Requirements – Business Analyst Learnings
- Functional vs Non-Functional Requirements – the crucial differences between functional and non-functional requirements
Modeling (UML and BPMN)
- The Unified Modeling Language User Guide – G. Booch, J. Rumbaugh, I. Jacobson
- BPMN Tutorial for Beginners – examples of simple process descriptions using BPMN
Basics of software requirements documentation (User Stories and Use Cases)
- Writing Effective Use Cases – A. Cockburn
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development – M. Cohn
- User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product – J. Patton
Prototyping user interface
- Wireframe Shapes In MS Visio
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design – A. Cooper.
- Sketches, Wireframes, Prototypes. Levels of fidelity and what to expect from each
Do you want to put your new knowledge to the test, lead your first project, and begin your career as a successful business analyst? Follow the Business Analysis programs at EPAM.